"Wonderful to be treated like a real person!"

About: Frimley Park Hospital / Endocrinology

I was greeted by a nurse who took blood pressure, weight etc etc. This nurse had a gentle welcoming manner which would have put any nervous patients at their ease. I think I am not permitted here to mention the name of the doctor I saw, which is a pity because I would like them to have the recognition.

The doctor listened carefully, maintaining eye contact all the time I was speaking.

They explained the situation carefully, outlining what was wrong and making clear how they had decided upon the proposed treatment, repeating so that I could be sure of taking it all in.

They also commented sympathetically on another, often misunderstood, ailment that I have and their words were a great comfort to me.

They said that doctors often dish out advice on how to deal with a condition and forget to consider how it must feel to live with that condition on a daily basis.

It just felt so good to be treated as an individual rather than another entry on today's list.

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit.

I'm pleased it was a positive experience for you, and you felt treated as an individual.

I have fed your comments back to the team, and I know they will be delighted to read them.

Thanks for thinking of us

Kind Regards