"Decided not to attend this hospital again!"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital / Neurosurgery

This morning

I received an appointment to attend OP which I have declined, after a wasted experience at my last visit to North Staffs. Who on earth planned a hospital as large as Heathrow Airport and not planned very well I may add? When I had the misfortune to be a patient on the nuro ward, it was like trying to sleep under a railway bridge. Who would put a conveyor belt system going 24 hrs a day above a ward where it is essential patients are keep quiet. The hospital at its best appears to be staffed by auxiliaries who are given tasks far above their basic training which is compromising the patient. They spend so much time manipulating figures to claim that targets are being met that they forget about the job of caring for people. I value my life too much to attend this hospital again and if I ever altered my opinion, where does one manage to park?

Response from Royal Stoke University Hospital

I am so sorry to read your feedback around your recent experience of our hospital. We are continually striving to improve the care and service we provide to our patients and visitors. I have shared your comments with both the Matron who oversees the car parking service and the Matron who oversees the Neuro wards, however if you wish to discuss your experience further, I would be grateful if you could contact our PALS department via email patientadvice.uhnm@nhs.net or by telephone on 01782 676455.

We value all feedback provided about our hospitals and I would lilke to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

With best wishes

Rebecca Smith, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.