"Minor injuries unit"

About: Kidderminster Hospital

We visited the minor injuries unit as our GP had recommend my daughter had crutches following a knee injury. We did not really want an appointment and had contacted to see if we could borrow some crutches. We were told she would need to be assessed. The member of staff was very rude to my grand daughter when we explained why we were there and she was made to feel as though she was putting on her knee injury. Having already been assessed by our GP and a referral made for an

MRI scan on her knee. We were informed they didn't lone out crutches and told that if HP surgerys wanted to give them out they should provide them. The attitude by the nurse I am assuming who soke to my daughter was appalling. Not professional at all. Had we originally been informed they didn't offer crutches we wouldn't have attended in the first place but having been asked to attend a professional manor should have been shown to us by the staff.

Response from Kidderminster Hospital

Thank you for leaving your comments. I am disappointed to hear you experienced rudeness from staff when visiting our Minor Injuries Unit; I am concerned that your granddaughter was spoken to in this manner. No patient should be treated this way.

I would like to reassure you that we take seriously any issues our patients and families raise with us and your comments will be passed onto the management.

Kind Regards