"Very little"

About: St James's University Hospital

Very little

I was called in to see a registrar 1 hour and 30 minutes after my appointment time only to be told I was being discharged, although I was still presenting all of my symptoms. I have been rereferred due to this and am hoping for a more satisfactory outcome. My doctor told me that it is 'like witchcraft, if I tell you that you are ok, you might be ok'

The problem that I was referred with meant that I had to keep leaving the waiting area so that I could use the toilet. This was embarrasing and inconvenient as the toilets were approximately 100yards away. I was also worried that my name would be called and I would not be there.

Response from Involvement Facilitator, NHS Leeds

Thank you for taking the time to feedback (via the NHS Choices website) your recent negative experience at St James's University Hospital.

I was sorry to learn of the one and half hour wait you had before being seen by the doctor as well as your unsatisfactory outcome with the consultation. You may wish to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on the freephone number 0800 0525270.

We will pass on your comments to the Patient Relations Manager at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.