"Disappointed & frustrated"

About: Birmingham Midland Eye Centre

I had a phone call last wensday to say there was a cancellation on Sept 28th so could have my surgery..and to come for my pre op on Monday 26th so I cancelled a couple of apt that I had on Monday to so I could travel the 40 miles to bmec.i suffer with anxiety so on my home I went to my gp to get some medication to keep me carm for my op on wens..well surprise surprise 5pm today Tuesday Sept 27th I get a phone call to say it's been cancelled because some theatre staff had called in sick I am devistated if this was the only time I had a cancellation then ok but I've had surgeries cancelled over and over again since 2012 I really wish they could see the impact it has when at the last min your let down again ?

Response from Birmingham Midland Eye Centre

Dear Carrie, I completely understand your frustration. It is not ok to let down our patients in this way. I would like to make sure we learn from your experience, and so I would be grateful if you could send the full details to our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at swb-tr.pals@nhs.net I hope you now have a new appointment for your surgery but please email me directly if not – tobylewis@nhs.net. Best wishes, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.