"Post natal depression"

About: Stapleford Children's Centre

I experienced post natal anxiety and depression after the birth of my daughter. I was really struggling with breast feeding, and due to moving to a new area, I felt very isolated and was struggling to meet new people and to get out and about with my baby. I accessed support through my local sure start centre, where I got invaluable help with breast feeding (and still carrying on with the breast feeding journey). I was assigned a befriender volunteer who came to visit me on a weekly basis- with their support and support from sure start staff I gained the confidence to get out and about with my baby and to meet some new mums who I now socialise with. I feel so much more confident and happy.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships

Dear Jay-ray,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this forum, we really do appreciate and enjoy reading about families who have received a good service.

I am so pleased that you have a circle of friends that you and your child meet up with and you are are accessing lots of opportunities to socialise and receive support.

The staff and volunteers work hard to provide a service that is bespoke and is built on individual needs and I am so pleased it has helped you on your journey.

Tina.