"Pre and post op care ruptured patella tendon"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / General Surgery North Tyneside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

The positive note;

I recently had surgery on my knee and would like to compliment the hospital Surgeons and ward team in orthopaedics who looked after me, thank you all.

The negative note;

Two weeks later having returned home to England and assuming I would start post op rehab. I've been told that my hospital notes have still not been forwarded about my op and planned recovery requirements.

The consultant at my hospital (North Tyneside) has put me in plaster now awaiting my notes. Not good news!

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Not a lucky lad,

I am glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you were so well looked after, however it is a real shame that you now have to wait so long for your post-op rehab and I am sorry for this delay. In order for us to look into this further could you please let us know your details and also which hospital you had your surgery in by emailing patient.experience@northumbria-healthcare.nhs.uk. If your surgery was done in another hospital we could look into the process of requesting notes from our hospital and what may have caused this delay.

Kind Regards,