"An excellent service"

I was very impressed with the treatment I received when attending the endoscopy unit for a colonoscopy at Heatherwood today. I was made to feel like a person, not a number and fully informed of what would happen. At all times I was well cared for, the unit was clean and efficient and the schedule of appointments meant that I was not kept hanging around - it was a much better experience than I have previously had. I would like to thank all staff in the unit on 26 September. The only improvement I would like to see is in the booking system - it is very difficult to contact the appointments office. I assume they are understaffed but holding on at the end of a phone line for almost an hour while being told by an automated message that I am second in the queue was very irritating.

Response from Heatherwood Hospital

Dear LA47

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your visit to our Endoscopy Unit at Heatherwood Hospital.

I'm really pleased you felt well cared for and fully informed.

The team will be delighted to read your comments.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a delay in the appointment booking line.

We are in the middle of a project to make improvements to this and so I've also passed your review onto the project manager.

Kind Regards