"Wait Time"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital / Endocrinology

I've left the hospital today close to tears. I attended an appointment at 1:20pm in Endocrinology, as I'm 6 months pregnant and have an under active thyroid. I was left for 45 mins before I asked how much longer the wait was to be told the dr hasn't even arrived yet. I was absolutely full of a cold too. Communication is terrible. Needless to say I left without being seen. I can forgive lateness if I'm kept in the loop, but no explanation was given. I understand these people are busy, but the way in which I was dealt with (or not dealt with) was terrible.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

It is our responsibility to ensure that we communicate effectively and to keep patients informed of any delays that occur in clinic and I am sorry if this was not your experience on this occasion. I have passed on your concerns to the management teams responsible for this service. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please contact the Patient & Customer Services Team on 0161 419 5678 and we can progress things further for you.

Kind Regards