GP referred and had appt in August. Had about hour wait as notes lost. Saw Dr who said I wasn't having procedure that day despite GP doing direct to test. At 4pm on 22/09 received voice message to asking okay to attend next day for gastroscopy. Called back advised I was unaware of appt and was just asked if I was coming I confirmed inwould attend. On the spoke with 2 nurses and reiterated sedation as had severe gag reflex. Cannulated, doctor came in procedure started I was gagging vomiting hands were held down to stop me getting to tube. . No stopping to top up sedation or respect for me as a patient just get the procedure over with. Whatever the sedation meds used had absolutely no effect at all and to continue knowing that patient was struggling is hideous!

Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Response from Blakelands NHS Treatment Centre

Dear Patient.

I apologise for the experience that you have had at Blakelands Hospital.

I can assure you that I take all complaints of this nature very seriously and I will be conducting a full investigation into this incident.

Please would you be so kind to provide me with your details so i can share my findings with you.

My email address is David.Munt@ramsayhealth.co.uk