"My Surgery and after care was Traumatic,"

About: Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust

I had my third surgery for VIN111 cervical by the surgeon, 25th Aug, no Anesthetic to kill pain on recovery from a General so awoke in agony even though Anesthetist promised i wouldn't, given Morphine and left on stretcher for 10hrs with Sciatic back pain. Daughter was not allowed to visit until 7pm that evening, day ward nurse when asked to help said they were too busy and slid off to another patient, i complained to PALS who made an App 3 wks later but on entering saw a Specialist nurse and consultant said a small area showed up as cancer and to get emergency MRI and they would tell me what they would do at a meeting at St Thomas's three days later, day before they rang to ask me along, the next morning phone call said don't come they want more surgery to test more of area, another call two days later saying my consultant was away for 2wks... i made a fuss and see another Gynae on Mon 26th sep, this is Horrendous way to treat patients and i am still Traumatic, No call back from PALS either, so it seems no-one actually cares.

If my consultant had done surgery back in April when they saw it the virus may not have got so far and they wouldn't have to have cut me so long and wide. now again i need more... will see what this other Gynae says, but who are they, i don't know.Don't let them push you into something you don't want, or know.