"not happy at all"

About: North Middlesex Hospital / Cardiology

My GP refered me to north middlesex hospital for my ECG cause my blood pressure was extremely high as well as very high heart rate , i had to walk a lot to find a reception and i have been told that i need to go to the cardiology , i went there and they said we are not doing outpatient ECG here anymore you must go clinic 4 , when i went there the member of staff again sent me to cardiology again i was told to go clinic 4 , i was so sick , dizzy with high heart rate and they were not bothered at all and insisted me to go back to clinic 4 somehow when i reached clinic 4 i asked them if they can monitor my blood pressure first as i was feeling dizzy they refused to do that and said they are only allowed to take ECG , i went to reception and asked them for my blood pressure check and they said go to ECG i told they refused then they said go to A and E which was quiet far from reception and i could not manage to walk more , i just took the bus and came back , in evening time i had to call ambulance and they said my BP is extremely high and in danger zone as well as pulse , i have not seen such an unproffessional staff.

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Thank you for your feedback.

So sorry that your visit did not run smoothly. Normally patients would have a letter from a GP stating clearly the reason for referral to cardiology and need for a quick assessment. I am the cardiology service manager, Christopherdinsdale@nhs.net and I agree the information you received from staff sounds confusing.

I will discuss this with the team.