"Orthopaedic department"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I received an appointment to see consultant concerning my knees. I have had both knees replaced and suffer considerable pain still. No reason has ever been found for this, only given lots of pain killers. The wait was 45 minutes which though long I could understand due to unforseen circumstances. On seeing my consultant they said what do you want? You saw my colleague six months ago. their manner implied I was trying to trick them. I am slightly obese so the dept won't operate on me, so I think they assumed I was trying to get one over on them and get them to say they would do something. When I explained I received an appointment they said it was a computer error. They quickly looked at my knees, told me to loose weight and I was out in 2 minutes. The journey to the hospital takes about one hour, so with 45 minute wait, I had 1hr 45 minutes to be insulted for 2 minutes.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear anonymous,

I would like to offer you my apologies for your experience at our Hospital.

I would like to be able to investigate the issues you have raised but to do so will need some details from you. Could you please contact me by e-mail at (neil.cleveland@ulh.nhs.uk) or by telephone (01205 446196), with your full name, date of birth and, if you have it, your NHS number.

This will allow me to look at the specific details of your visit, and to then give you some answers.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best regards,

Neil Cleveland,

Business Manager, Clinical Management.