"Two different experiences"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Urology

I went to Boston hospital for a day care lithotrypsy, this was my second one, with the first the nurses were excellent and were asking all the time "are you OK" after the treatment I was given lots of water to drink and again they were asking was I OK etc. it was not the best thing to have done but the overall experience was OK.

The second time after the treatment I was told to go back to the nurses station, I waited for about 10 minutes but no one was there, I thought if I sit down in the waiting area no one will spot me so I stayed another 5 minutes, a very concerned cleaning lady asked if I was OK, I told her I was waiting for some water and a nurse, she fetched me a jug of water and a cup, I waited in the room for about 20 minutes before I saw a nurse walk by, I stopped her and explained I was waiting for my meds, she went and asked somewhere and then told me they were waiting for them to be delivered, about another 20 minutes and I saw a nurse walk by with some packets, she disappeared into a room, about 10 minutes later another nurse came out and took the packets into a different room, then after another 10 minutes the nurse I saw when I first got there came out and went into the room and got my meds, I was not asked if I had been to the toilet or had I drank lots of water, I took my meds and left.

I was looked after great with my first treatment but the last one was terrible, no one seemed bothered or concerned at all, if it wasn't for the cleaning lady I wouldn't have even had a drink.

I hope when I go again the first team are on duty.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Watchman,

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience while you attended for your treatment. We aim to provide all patients with safe, quality care and I will look into why this was not the case on your last visit.

If you wish to contact myself directly with more details I will be more than happy to discuss your concerns. My telephone number is at the bottom of this reply.

With best regards,

Deputy Sister Rebecca Ellis,

Day Case Ward (01205 445612)