"A&E"

About: St Helier Hospital / Accident and emergency

I attended A&E with a UTI. I know it is not something major, but having to wait at least 5 hours (according to the nurse) with disconfort and pain is not acceptable. I can barely walk! And the disrespectful way that nurse treated me was unbelievable. Obviously I couldn't wait 8 hours to go to my GP! It's a freaking UTI. I am a nurse myself and I could never think about talking to a patient the way that nurse talked to me! There was no consideration. I understand that there is a waiting time, but you do not disregard the reasons that took a patient to your service or the way they are dealing with the situation. The way they made me feel, like it was my fault and that I was a nuisance. They made feel really sick about the care that is given in the UK, more é specifically in st helier...

Response from St Helier Hospital

We are really sorry to hear this and will pass your feedback onto our A&E department. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 020 8296 2508 or email pals@esth.nhs.uk.