"Fantastic doctor"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Trauma and orthopaedics

I visited my aunt on Ward C52 in QMC last week, and felt compelled to write something about the attitude of a doctor who was on the ward. His name is Dr Poon, and I think he is the consultant/specialist. Everyone seemed to want something from him, and he was very patient with all of them. I was fascinated by him because he was rushing from one end of the ward to the other, and looked like he was juggling several tasks simultaneously. I saw him greeting the patients as he walked past, and on a few occasions he even stopped to offer the patients water. The lady in the next bed to my aunt was quite unwell and was struggling to hold the beaker. He held the beaker for her, kept encouraging the poor lady to drink. To me, he gave me the impression that he genuinely cares about his patients. I had visited many family members and friends in hospitals over the years, but have never seen any Drs doing so. It was such a delight to watch him!

If all doctors are like this man, then I believe the future of NHS is safe.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

It is refreshing to read your account of how Dr Poon cared for your aunt and other patients on our ward. It is kind of you to take the time to write to us. I have shared your words with Dr Poon and with all the team on C52, we all appreciate them.

Sending our best wishes to you and your aunt

Suzie King