"Visit to Woodside xray"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Patient Transport Service Woodend Hospital

Took my 90 year old dad to xray department in Woodside. He has dementia. He was picked up by patient transport we met him at the hospital but were in the wrong place, the driver came and found us and took us to dad, he went out of his way to help. Then the radiographer couldn't have been more respectful. Even the receptionist kept checking we were ok. Couldn't have ask for better service.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Brodiea

Many thanks for taking time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. It is always lovely to hear that NHS Grampian staff are doing a great job and doing it very well. It sounds as if you all felt safe, looked after and valued as a family. It is very important for patients with dementia to have family around when they are going through tests or if they have to be admitted to hospital. NHS Grampian very much encourages this and is moving towards person-centred visiting to enable this to happen. Person-centred visiting means that patients can have visitors at times they want to have them rather than at times which suit individual wards.

I hope your dad is keeping well and that NHS Grampian is able to keep providing a high standard of care for him in the future.

Kind regards and thank you again,

Response from Pat O'Meara, National Head of Ambulance Control Services, Ambulance Control Centres, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Brodiea,

It was lovely to hear that everyone went out of their way to look after your dad.

If you do want to contact me, I will make sure that your feedback is shared the ambulance staff concerned. My contact number is 0141 810 6101.

Thanks again and I hope that your dad is doing okay.