"Patient Involvement"

About: Rampton Hospital

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Peaks Unit, Rampton and Rosewood Involvement Centre Group Project.

Peaks Patient story: " I recently asked if there were any projects that Rosewood had going on in which I could help them explore.

Using my creative skills to promote our partnership they suggested that I could do a poster for them and Rampton.

I ewanted to show that either side of the fence is not a negative place to be and in doing so display the positive aspects of each.

I have recently been informed by Rosewood that they have framed my poster.

We too are putting one up in the CRB.

Response from Martina Griffiths, Modern Matron/Senior Nurse, The Peaks Unit, Rampton Hospital, Rampton Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us details of the special project you have been doing whilst a patient here on the Peaks Unit and showcasing your creative talent.

The poster you have created highlights all the positive aspects of your care and is reassuring for all the patients particuarly those who have recently been admitted as it gives them hope for their Recovery.

Response from Nigel Groves, Rosewood Involvement Centre manager, Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Health care Trust

Thank you for taking the time to do this posting. I am so happy to say your poster is up on the Wall in our main room (The Oak Room) It is good to point out to People who are visiting the Centre the work we all do together in Involvement. I am sure our relationship with the Peaks will just get better and better and the partnership working we have will contine to grow.

The Next step for us is to try and get some more Artwork up in the centre. It would be good if we could sort something from across the Hospial.

I have found over the years that this kind of Involvement can help brake down stigmer and also hightlight some great Services in the Trust

Nigel

Response from David Mason, Associate Director of Nursing, Quality and Patient Experience for Forensic Services, Rampton Hospital

This is a really encouraging example of how we are working with Rosewood colleagues to engage patients in positive activities which enable them to use their skills and strengths.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this will serve as a valuable inspiration to others.

Response from Annett Magore, Senior Nurse/Modern Matron , Men's Personality Disorder and National High Secure Women's Services Directorate Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

thank you for sharing the positive experience as a concosequence of the collaborative work between services users and the Involvment Centre. Both the service users from the Men's Personallity Disorder Services and the National High Secure Women's Services would benefit from engaging in this project. Hopefully Nigel and his colleagues will ask directly the patients when they next visit and then we can facilitate and support to enable positive involvement and experience.