"Fantastically refreshing NHS team and service"

About: Peterborough City Hospital / Maternity

I am sorry to say my experiences of the NHS over the years has been very poor.

Last night I had my first contact with Peterborough's Early Pregnancy Unit.

Staff were amazing on the telephone and I was in for an emergency appointment. today.

The hospital is impressive, clean and modern.

A the receptionist were friendly and approachable.

I was seen pretty much as I arrived by a fantastic team of three (nurse, registrar and sonographer).

Within the first greeting I was won over.

Professional, warm and immediately reassuringly competent.

Thankfully for us it was good news but I was surprised to be then asked to wait to see a nurse for follow up.

I didn't think this was necessary but, within minutes I was called in to see the nurse/midwife. On the way to the nurses room I was amazed to see the chair my husband had sat in during the scan being cleaned down by the nurse!

My second consultation was again reassuringly confident and for the second time that day was asked how I was feeling, rather than the usual 'tell me what's been happening'.

Consultation skills are great and I have not experienced anything like this before on the NHS and even privately.

I now feel completely happy and confidence that I have chosen this hospital for my antenatal care.

You certainly do derserve the excellent reputation I have heard about from so many people.

Thank you for your care today.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your lovely comments and I will ensure they are passed onto the relevant staff. I am pleased that your faith in the NHS has been restored given the importance of your care at this time

Lesley Crosby