"Referral to DVT clinic at Victoria Hospital"

About: Victoria Hospital / General Medicine

I was concerned about swelling in my leg as I'd recently been on two plane journeys. Called my GP surgery in Rosyth at 8. 30am, had an appointment with a doctor at 11am, was referred to the DVT clinic at the Victoria and was given an appointment for 1pm the same day.

By 3pm I was back out after having a thorough examination and blood tests. Fortunately everything's ok.

I can't praise the NHS enough. Many thanks to my surgery and staff nurse McDonald at the DVT clinic!

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Sinky

Thank you for taking the time to share your praise of the NHS, what a nice way to end the week! It must have been concerning for you to develop leg swelling following your two plane journeys; however it was great to hear that you were dealt with promptly and efficiently by staff and that everything turned out to be OK. I will gladly forward your post on to the DVT Service and would appreciate you letting me know which GP Practice it was so that I can also pass it on to them.

Louise Ewing

• Sinky thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Sinky (the patient)

Hi Louise

Thank you for your response. Our surgery is at Park Road Health Centre in Rosyth and I saw Dr Mill, who referred me to the DVT Clinic. I can't praise this surgery enough. Any time we've needed a quick appointment they have always been very accommodating. The practice nurse (triage) is also one of their most valuable assets.

Sinky (David Sinclair)