"Could not fault their commitment"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had to have a total knee replacement and was admitted on Monday, and from the moment I arrived was treated with the utmost professionalism, I was "processed" quickly and the amount of checks and double checks was really reassuring.

I was prepared for surgery, and had to lay on a bed for no more than fifteen minutes, the surgical staff went thru all of the procedures and explained the options for anaesthetics available, I chose an epidural and a light sedative, so there I am having my knee replaced and I'm chatting away to the anaesthetists while the surgeon was banging and clattering away the other side of the screen.

They all were very friendly, when it was over I was taken into "recovery" once again they were all so helpful then I was taken back to WOODLAND ward and honestly could not fault their commitment and cleanliness, I wouldn't have got better service if I'd gone private.

Response from Jamie Moore, Divisional Chief Nurse for Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear filburt, many thanks for taking the time to feedback your experience of surgery at East Surrey Hospital. It is great to hear how positive this was for you, I will share this with the teams involved in your care pathway. I hope you are recovering well.

Jamie Moore

Divisional Chief Nurse

• filburt thinks this response is helpful