"My husband's chronic body pain"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / General Internal Medicine Woodend General Hospital / Elective Orthopaedics

(as a relative),

We have had enough nobody has diagnosed my husbands pain in 4 years of seeing orthopaedics, rheumatology, neurology and urology, all that is done is questions and blood tests. I have had him in tears many times and nhs 24 cant help they say. The pain management team cant help as they dont know where pain is coming from, it is mainly his legs and around hip area.

This has disabled him and I care for him aswell as trying to keep my job, we are so depressed with the lack of help and the pain he is in. He has a wheelchair and sticks to help him.

It might help if we thought people cared but it does not seem like they do, as they are not living this life of pain. Nobody has even suggested a cat scan etc they just pass him onto another speciality. Is it possible to get more help?

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››