"Awful treatment and discharged without pain..."

About: Airedale General Hospital / General surgery

I was admitted with suspected appendicitis, given morphine in A&E and for three days on the ward. Wasn't touched by the Drs, just told it wasn't appendicitis and I could go home. Still in lots of pain, being sick constantly, no option to investigate the pain further - just told to go home! When I asked about pain relief the Dr told me they weren't prepared to give me any stronger pain relief, just take paracetamols....having struggled with pain despite the morphine. I could hardly move to leave the ward.

I felt that the Drs don't care, the nurses spend most of their time chatting and don't bring medication at anywhere near the time needed. The patients on the ward had to Nanna sit for a very infirm elderly patient as the nurses didn't look after her! I can't say strongly enough how bad this ward was!

Response from Airedale General Hospital

We are sorry that you have had such a negative experience at our hospital. We would value the opportunity to discuss and investigate your experience. We would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01535 294019 to discuss your concerns.