"Very annoyed"

About: University Dental Hospital

I have not been to the hospital for some time as apparently I asked to go to one closer to where I live as the journey to Manchester is too much for me . Completely untrue. Would I be attending MRI for a transplant if I did not like traveling? I asked to go to a closer hospital as I kept getting appointments cancelled all the time and I was annoyed as I have to pay for train fare for myself and my husband. The one time I did miss an appointment was when I was an inpatient at the local hospital and they kindly rang for me but the phone was engaged for the majority of the day and so could not explain my predicament.When I got through on the Tuesday they just said 'dear a letter has already been sent to you '.When I got the letter I found it extremely sarcastic stating that as I had not attended my mouth must be better!

That attitude to me after all the cancellations and money I have wasted is very rude and was one of my reasons for wanting to be seen at my local hospital. I do not know what was wrote to my local dental surgeon but they have not replied after all this time so the rule of seeing someone on a regular basis for oral lichen plants is just a farce.Wish I had never set eyes on Manchester dental school as very unsatisfactory treatment throughout. Also why bother with appointments when staff totally ignore scheduled times and never in my case ever apologised for the delay.

Response from Patient Experience Team, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Mrs Ellie Maher, Dental Nurse Matron was very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the NHS Choices website about your recent experience. We take all issues surrounding patient care and communication very seriously. However it is very difficult to respond to the concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail. To do this we would need more information. If you would like to provide this, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk.