"Wrong diagnosis"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Accident and emergency

I came to a&e on Monday after waking up with pain in my side and difficulty to breathe. I went to my local walk-in clinic and I was sent here with suspected ruptured ovarian cyst. I had a letter marked urgent yet people who arrived after me was seen before me. When I eventually got seen after 2hours of waiting I was told I had pulled a muscle. I had no scans or blood tests done but got sent home and told to have a hot bath. I then woke up on Tuesday in excruciating pain and had to return to a&e where I ended up having to have an ECG done as my heart was beating too fast and I had a high temperature. To find out that I haven't pulled a muscle but I have a nasty kidney infection which had spread to my blood.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your comments regarding your patient experience in Accident and Emergency at Heartlands Hospital.

I am sorry to read the details of your post and would very much like to speak with your directly so that I can obtain some more information from you to enable me to investigate your experience appropriately.

I can be contacted either by telephone: 0121 424 0808 9am - 2pm Monday to Friday, with a voicemail service in operation at all other times where your call will be returned at the earliest opportunity, or by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net.

I hope this is acceptable and I look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert