"cancelled appointment"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital / Ophthalmology

My husband finally got an appointment for the referal from the Paula Carr eye clinic for his diabetic retinothapy after a 3 month wait. The appointment was booked for the 14th of September and i swapped a day at my work so i was able to accompany him for this appointment. We are really frustated that the appointment was cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, causing much inconvenience to both of us and leaving my husband again waiting for another appointment that was urgently requested in the first place. May i suggest at least 24 hours from yourselves is requested in the event of cancelled appointments so that other parties do not have to be put out.

Response from Kent & Canterbury Hospital

I am so sorry for the frustration caused to your husband and yourself by the cancellation of his appointment.

Sometimes, especially when there is staff sickness, this is beyond our control - but I can assure you it is not something we like to do at all.

I do hope your husband is given a new appointment very soon indeed and that his retinopathy is satisfactory.