"Fantastic care after emergency c section"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary / Maternity care

I had been complaining of epigastric pain over the weekend and by the Monday the pain was very intense and I was advised to go into triage to be assessed by the midwife.

Once I arrived I was treated excellently by the midwifes and Drs. It turned out I had pre eclampsia and HELLP syndrome and was quite ill by the time I was moved the HDU on the labour suite. I had a emergency c section under general anaesthetic and my son was born safely.

I was an inpatient on HDU for three days and the care I received was fantastic. The midwifes were amazing and helped me with look after my son as I was very sore and groggy. They made me and my partner feel at ease and the overall care was amazing. Brilliant midwifery team.

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Freddie05 - Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! What a fantastic review for our maternity services staff, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear your experience at Doncaster Royal Infirmary has been so positive and I have forwarded your comments on to all of the teams involved in the care of you and your son.

I hope you are recovering well at home.

Best wishes