"Throats and chest infection dilemma"

About: Brooksby Day Hospital

I started to suffer from constant pain in my chest and throat area. I wondered if a cold had hit me terribly, but I then started having breathing problems and got an instant appointment straight away.

I can't quite remember the doctor who assessed me, but he was very thorough. He took one look with a torch, a quick stethoscope procedure and instantly told me what I had: tonsillitis and a touch of bronchitis. Luckily it was seen to right away and I was back to my old self a few weeks later. I can't thank the nice doctor enough! I just wish I could remember his name.

Dear Leigh66,

I have forwarded your post to Brooksby and I am sure the Doctor will be delighted with your comments, positive feedback is lovely to received. I am glad you are back to your old self, having had tonsillitis as an adult myself, I am sure folk think it is 'just a sore throat' but we know differently. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Best wishes,