"Fantastic maternity care"

About: Chelsea & Westminster Hospital / Maternity care

My antenatal care all the way to my post birth experience was outstanding. Antenatal care was clean, fast and efficient, I was always seen promptly and the care was thorough. I gave birth in the Birthing Centre which was a wonderful experience. My only criticism is how they handled my husbands calls to the Birthing Centre once my contractions were in full swing. When my husband phoned they expressed a keenness for me to stay at home as long as possible (as a first time mum we are told that our labours will be long and coming to hospital too soon may delay progress etc - so it was half understandable), however as a result of their pushback the three/ four times we phoned we actually only made it to the hospital with 50 mins to spare before our beautiful baby girl was born. Aside from that I cannot praise the staff and facilities enough, it was a truly positive experience from beginning to end (with that one exception). Well done to the wonderful staff.

Response from Chelsea & Westminster Hospital

Dear Aoife

Congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter hope you are both doing well.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and positive feedback, this will be shared with the department.

Kind Regards