"Expect poor services from staff who don't care"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

My father is admitted at the tower block ward (level 6) at North Middlesex Hospital. He is over 80 years old.

He is visually impaired and has mobility problems.

On Sunday

I went to visit him at 12:30 and I found him sited on his chair. His breakfast was on the table untouched. His lunch was also on the table untouched. This means that he did not have neither breakfast nor lunch. He was incontinent and his pads were filled with his feces.

Further, he informed me that he never gets a response when he calls a nurse through the buzzer by the bedside. No one responds. While I was there, he requested for some drinking water and I pressed the buzzer to get some attention. No one responded. No one responded. Luckily it wasn't an emergency!!

This morning I went to the hospital at 10:00 to help him with breakfast, shower, etc. I was refused entry and told to come back at normal visiting times (14:00). I waited around and returned to the ward at 12:00. I found him in bed, breakfast on the table untouched, incontinent. My conclusion is that Support Staff at North Middlesex are there purely for the money rather than providing care. Help yourself and go to another local hospital - Barnet, Whips cross, Clapton

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

We want all our patients to be comfortable and well cared for.

Please email me directly, at meriel.clarke@nhs.net if you wish to raise any further issues.

Thank you. Meriel Clarke, matron for T6 ward.