"Easier to contact the dead"

I have no complaint about my visit to the hospital and the advice I received but the switchboard services could be improved considerably. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact the appointments switchboard about my follow-up appointment. On some occasions, I have been invited to leave a message on an answerphone but no-one ever replies. On other occasions, I wait on the line while being told that my call is important when the line suddenly goes dead and I have to start all over again. Going to a hospital is always a slightly stressful experience and this does nothing to improve the situation.

Response from New Birmingham Dental Hospital

Dear Mr Booth

I am very sorry you have experienced difficulties contacting the hospital by phone.

The fault you experienced has been reported and further action will be taken to address this problem.

We are aware that there are on-going problems with our telephony / switchboard arrangements and it is anticipated that these will be resolved by a new call centre opening this week.

Thank you for getting in touch, your feedback is extremely valuable.

Should you experience further problems in contacting the hospital, please do get in touch with me directly via email Alison.last@bhamcommunity.nhs.uk or phone 0121 466 7128

Alison Last