"Can't get the support and care"

About: Mount Vernon Hospital / General surgery Mount Vernon Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Hi, I receive treatment at Care of the Elderly centre at the local hospital. Unfortunately, the hospital isn't able to provide splints for my wrists. (I've had JIA since the age of 12, I'm now 43). It seems such as shame that we can't get the support and care I need, especially when I'm in so much pain. I'm also on the waiting list to have an operation on my right wrist. I've been on the waiting list for nearly 5 months! I'm in so much pain I don't know what to do sometimes.

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm really sorry to read of your experience and the difficulties you have had in receiving treatment for your wrist. I'd be really grateful if you could provide me with some more details so that we can feedback to the team and try and improve your experience. If you could contact our PALs team on 01895 279973 or by email pals@thh.nhs.uk with your details we can share the learning with the Department."

Sasha Roberts, Senior Service Manager, Surgery & Anesthetics