"Care under Homebirth team"

About: Peterborough City Hospital / Maternity

I gave birth to my son in July at home. I was under the care of the home birth team. I was given the most amazing care throughout my pregnancy, birth and postnatal care. I was amazed at the dedication and standard of care. The time spent under the care of the Homebirth team allowed me to discuss my needs in my pregnancy and birth. My husband and family were all involved. On the day of my birth to help encourage my birth midwife did some reflexology on me and this worked so well. The idea of an nhs providing alternative care to women is just brilliant. Me and my family will forever remember the midwife and the team for the care they provided us. I have not stopped telling people about my care, my sister is now pregnant and has booked with the team. I work in the

NHS and come from a large Asian family and everyone now is talking about home births which is brilliant :) we need more conversation and more midwives like these lovely people to give women this type of care :)

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your maternity care. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you, your new baby and family well.

Lesley Crosby