"Needed to see a GP whilst on hoilday"

About: Arran Medical Group

I had peculiar vision in one eye quite suddenly and needed to see an optometrist or GP ASAP. I was on holiday on the Isle of Arran, and could not be seen by the optometrist, so went to the GP surgery in Brodick. Was given a same day appointment at Shiskine. Saw Dr Fay there who was very reassuring about an apparent vitreous haemorrhage the day before, sending me away with a help-sheet and advise to see my optician soonest. Am booked for Wednesday and symptoms are already reducing. Thanks to all...

Dear Tragopan,

I am so glad you got the rapid access to the care that you needed. Thank you for sharing this with us, I am sure Dr Fay and the team will be very pleased with this lovely feedback.

Not only is it very worrying when our eyes are affected, it would be such a travesty to miss the beautiful sites of Arran.

I hope you are fully recovered very soon and have a fantastic time for your remaining holiday,

Safe journey home,

best wishes,

Eunice

Response from Ruth Betley, Practice Manager, Arran Medical Group

Hi Tragopan

Thankyou for your kind comments. I will make sure Dr Fay gets this feedback. It must have been a worrying experience for you and glad Dr Fay was able to reassure you and give appropriate advice. Hope you are well and recovering now.

Best wishes