"inhumane"

About: St Peter's Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had the great misfortune of breaking my Tibea on Friday 26th August, - I had to wait 4 days in great pain and discomfort before being operated on. During this time I was offered the services of a 'shoulder surgeon' that could do it sooner but I would be left with a larger scar and the reconstruction may need to be redone alternatively I could wait for the lower leg limb reconstruction surgeon who is away for the bank holiday weekend! - whilst I would never begrudge any worker a holiday I would hope that in the case of a breakage, pain and suffering that someone of the same status would be available. The manner in which my treatment options offered was appalling - it left me in tears and completely confused. I wouldn't wish my horrendous experience on anyone - 2 days after surgery having to make my way home in considerable pain having struggled to hoist myself in the back of my partners car was just hideous- what a shocking experience. Don't break a leg especially on a bank holiday.

Response from St Peter's Hospital

We are really sorry to hear of your experiences and would welcome the opportunity to discuss everything in more detail. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service via email - patient.advice@asph.nhs.uk or 01932 723553.