"Chanctonbury and GDU excellent care"

About: Worthing Hospital / Gynaecology

My wife had a hysterectomy earlier this week. Yes there was a bit of a wait at the beginning but that was understandable. The surgeon and anaesthetist explained what was to happen in a clear and supportive way. Afterwards, the nurses in GDU - both day and night staff - provided wonderful care. Even when we got to the Patients' Discharge room, they all made sure we knew what to do on leaving, including getting me ready for some injections I will be giving to my wife. No-one wants to go into hospital - and some people obviously don't get the service they would like (and should expect) - but in this case the NHS staff provided an experience for which we are thankful and they should be proud.

Response from Worthing Hospital

Thank you so much for such a positive post onto this site.

We agree that it is a worrying time when a loved one has to come into hospital but it would seem that everyone took care to make things go as smoothly as possible for both you and your wife.

We have worked hard on ensuring patients are happy to leave knowing what to do and it would appear that this is working well in our Discharge Lounge.

We will have great pleasure in sharing this with the staff in the departments you mention and they will be delighted.

We hope your wife is making a good recovery and thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.