"Ward 38 visit"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Cardiothoracic surgery

At the beginning of September,I was unfortunate enough to have a heart attack and was admitted to ward 38.I was kept in for a week.Whilst a hospital is not the most pleasant place to spend a week,my stay on ward 38 was made more than bearable by the treatment that

I received from all members of the staff from the doctors to the cleaners.Any questions that I asked regarding treatment or medication given were answered clearly and in language that I could understand.I was most impressed with the way in which I was treated with dignity and compassion and more especially a sense of humour which goes a long way to help a patient in what is a stressful situation even if they have been through it all before.Again I say thank you to all on ward 38.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about your recent Hospital Admission.

It is wonderful to read that despite this being a worrying and stressful time for you that the Staff on Ward 38 made your treatment bearable, and that you were treated with dignity and compassion. I will ensure that I share your feedback with the teams that were involved in your care.

Thank you and I wish you a continued recovery