"they made me feel good about myself"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Physiotherapy

I’ve just finished having physio and I thought it was very good, they took their time with me, they made me feel good about myself and they encouraged me to be more active. They gave me exercises to do to help my back. One thing that I would say though is that I would have liked them to show me the exercises, because they gave me a sheet with them on but I don’t think they showed me them which would have been helpful. But the staff were lovely and they gave me a lot of time.

Response from Janie Thomson, Head of Profession, Physiotherapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Emerald342

I am very pleased to hear that you had great benefit from our physiotherapy service. Thank you for your helpful feedback which I will share with our physiotherapy manager. We have recently been trying out video exercise programmes with some patients and some consider these easier to follow. If you would like to have your exercises in this format and have an internet connection via a smartphone or computer I am sure that we could arrange this for you to try out and perhaps give us your views on how it compares?

If you would like to do this please get in touch with Ruth Currie, MSK physiotherapy manager 0n 01355 585 298 and she would be happy to discuss further.

Best wishes.