"Seen by no one."

About: Southmead Hospital

I have rebooked my appointment last week and the therapist was ill today, they apparently contacted all their patients apart from me? Well done! I have checked in; Waited there since 16.45 to 17.40, was going to get my app at 17.00, waste of time, had to take a half day off work to come in today. Although my first visit was very good and was looking forward to the next visit. Very disappointing with the irresponsibility and lack of communication as the physio had my contact details.

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Miss Kedzia – I was sorry to hear of the difficulties and disappointment you experienced yesterday when you attended for your cancelled physiotherapy outpatients’ appointment. I cannot explain why you were not contacted when other patients were informed of the cancellation and wish to offer my sincere apologies for the frustration and distress this would have caused you.

The fact that other patients were contacted leads me to believe there was an unfortunate administrative error, which meant it was not realised that you had not been updated about the situation, as it is the Trust’s policy to inform patients in such circumstances. I have asked the Outpatient’s Appointments Team to make sure your appointment is rebooked and that you are notified of this as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to advise of your unsatisfactory experience, and while regrettably I cannot undo the situation, I hope that when you attend the rearranged appointment you will again find this helpful in aiding your recovery.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes