"I liked the fact that I was treated ..."

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I liked the fact that I was treated with care and consideration, even though I was not the best patient that ward 36 had at that time. Every effort was made to provide me pain relief at all times. My visitors were allowed to visit with me outside of normall visiting times, which helped me during my time bedbound in the side ward. The nurses and support staff treated me with compassion at all times. The cleaners who cleaned my room, took into consideration my condition and took great care not to disturb my bed and cause me any added undue pain.

Nothing that I could say at this time.

I would like to see a method of contacting the ward by email instead of phoning.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you for your kind comments. We will pass on your message to the relevant teams involved.

We place great value in the fact that local people continue to choose our hospitals and we openly encourage patients and visitors to give us their feedback. This will enable us to continually to improve the services we offer and the experience our patients have whilst in our hospitals.

To find out more about your local hospital visit www.uhmb.nhs.uk.