"Standish Ward - amazing staff"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

At 09:46 this morning (14/09/16) my dad passed away. Throughout his illness and his time on Standish Ward every member of staff went above & beyond in caring for my dad and every single member of my family.

Every single minute of their day/night shift the staff were constantly on the go but still they found time to talk with Dad as they cared for him, even when he could no longer respond. They took time to talk, laugh and on many occasions share tears with us. These are not just people doing a job, these are people doing a job with true compassion. They are a credit to WWL and as a family we will always be grateful that in his last weeks/days/hours our much missed Husband/Dad/Grandad was surrounded by the best of the best. Thank you each and every one of u, you are all truly amazing.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely comments about Standish Ward, at what I am sure is a sad and difficult time. May I extend our sincere condolences to you and your family. I will forward this link to the Head of Nursing for Medicine so she can share it with the staff.