"My care in hospital was excellent, but I want to thank the OT department in the Maples"

About: Highbury Hospital

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I came to Highbury in July 2016. My care in there was excellent, but I feel I need to mention the OT department in the Maples unit. The people in there are so caring, professional and exceptionally patient. Once I started to feel better I joined in most of the activities that they provide (meditation, cooking, creative writing, a music group, and I have yet to do the pottery. Well done team. I cannot praise or thank you enough for contributing so much towards my eventual full recovery. I'm 75% there now and not far away from discharge. So thank you Eileen, Michelle, Eleanor and Felix, I hope to see you all again one day (on the outside of course)

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experiences whilst an inpatient at Highbury, I will make sure your comments get passed onto the Maples team and I'm pleased to hear you are feeling better and on the road to recovery.