"experience at orthopaedic dept"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I was greeted by the nurse working with the consultant I was seeing. I was 15 mins late and apologised for this and was told not to worry but thanked for mentioning it. The nurse then took me into the consultant who greeted me with a smile and proceeded to tell me the results of the scan of my shoulder. He told me that he did not think an operation would be required and suggested an injection into the shoulder if I was happy to go along with that. The nurse took me into another and prepared the treatment. She stood beside me and asked if I was o. k. whilst injection was being give. She continued to chat to me whilst getting a plaster for the shoulder. I was taken back to the consultant who expressed amazement when the nurse told him I was extremely nervous. She had been watching throuought and said I looked as cool as a cucumber. The consultant told me he would see me again in 3 months. I was asked to wait for a while until the nurse satisfied herself I was o. k. to go home and the arranged transport had arrived for me. The whole experience could not have been better. As I have got older, visits to various departments have become more frequent but in each department I have been met with care and consideration and treated as a person not a number

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mrs happy patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback on the Patient Opinion website, following your recent appointment in the Orthopaedic Outpatients Department.

The team, led by Sister Nikki Travis, are fully committed to improving patient experience, and will be delighted to hear that your experience could not have been better.

Your feedback is really appreciated, and I will ensure this is shared with the team.

Kind Regards

Beverly Duncan

Interim matron for Outpatient areas

• mrs happy patient thinks this response is helpful