"Without the expert attention I have received I would be unable to live a full and active life"

About: St John's Hospital / Clinical haematology

I have a chronic blood condition and have attended St John's Hospital for many years. The attention I have received has been exceptional. Within the last two years my condition has deteriorated but thanks to Dr. McNeil and the transfusion unit I am carefully monitored. Without the expert attention I have received I would be unable to live a full and active life. I am extremely grateful to all the doctors and staff who have looked after me through the years. I sing the praises of St John's and the medical help I receive to all my friends.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear hill341

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about the care you have received from St John's Hospital. I was really pleased to hear how Dr McNeil and the transfusion team have looked after you in a way that allows you to continue with your full and active life.

I have shared your feedback with the team at St John's, who I am sure will be delighted with your kind words.

Thank you again.