"Discharge was poorly handled...I felt intimidated"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General medicine

I was admitted to Godstone Ward and settled in. On the subsequent 6 days I had various test xrays scans followed by Physio and Occ. Health visits. At all times my care was excellent and as far as possible everything was explained to me.

However, at night the Staff did tend to talk very loudly which made sleeping even more difficult. The worse part came on Discharge when I was informed transport was arranged for the evening only to be told it was to be the following morning. Sometime much later I was taken to what turned out to be The Transport Lounge which was, in my opinion just a glorified, very noisy and uncomfortable waiting room full of undesirables I felt very intimidated.

Response from Nicola Shopland, Divisional Chief Nurse for Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear walker292

I am sorry that your experience in the hospital was poor. I am really happy to explore your concerns if you wish to contact me; nicola.shopland@sash.nhs.uk

I will take your observations about the noise at night back to the Godstone team.

kind regards