"Experience of Colonoscopy"

About: Whiston Hospital

I attended for a colonoscopy on Saturday 10th Sept. It was not my first one as I have had 3 others at different hospitals with the last one at an NHS hospital in Manchester 6 years ago. That one was a very unpleasant experience due to the pain and discomfort I suffered afterwards. However at Whiston on Saturday I advised the nurse manager of this and they told me to let the doctor know and they would give me a medication to help with this. The whole experience at Whiston was just fantastic. The nurse manager was friendly and professional as were all the staff. I was taken care of superbly and had no ill-effects afterwards whatsoever. I will be sending them a thank you card. Simply outstanding...Highly recommended.

Response from Whiston Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that your experience of our service was extremely positive. We are very proud of our staff and will pass on your very kind and positive feedback to them. Once again thank you for taking your time to inform us of your experience.