"The doctor was brilliant, very ..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

The doctor was brilliant, very friendly and welcoming, gave clear information and I didn't feel like she wanted to hurry things along. I also mentioned in general that I would like a smear test and she immediately said that I could have one (I am not yet 25). She was gentle and talked me through everything the whole time I was there. The nurse who set everything up was also very pleasant and chatty(can't remember her name).

An SHO came to get me from the waiting room. She didn't introduce herself very well and I also recall she didn't ask my permission to be present during the consultation. Whatever she was doing there (observing or whatever) she could have looked a bit more pleasant and when the doctor went out of the room they could have made conversation with me to help me feel more at ease.

In general a great Outpatients visit. the doctor was just brilliant and whoever gets treated by her is lucky.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thanks for taking the time to write. We will pass on your thoughts to the ward as the staff always appreciate feedback.