"Taking our 12 yr old to day case surgery."

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

We took our daughter to the day case surgery unit.

Neither she or I had been there before and this was her first experience of the hospital.

On arrival we were courteously greeted and from then on every member of staff was top drawer! The aneathatist was great with my daughter, the nursing staff were super caring and very approachable.

The nursery nurses particularly two went way above what I would of expected.

Nothing was too much trouble.

The whole experience left me feeling so proud to have such a fantastic service in our town.

If you could trip advisor a visit to the hospital this would of got 5 stars.

Thanks and what a top team!

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Simon

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you and your daughter had whilst in our care in the Day case Surgery Unit at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals.

I am equally as proud as you have described to read about the positive experience you have posted and I will share this with the teams involved. It is wonderful to read that Staff were able to exceed your own expectations and that nothing was too much trouble.

I hope that your Daughter continues to recover and I wish you warm wishes for the future.

Andrew