"Great A&E experience"

About: Torbay Hospital / Accident and emergency

Had to visit A&E today with my son who had sadly hurt his arm. Could not fault the care he received by the staff in the paediatric area. He had autism and cannot talk so treatment was tricky, but nothing was too much trouble, especially from the nurse who looked after us. The facilities in the paediatric area were great for children.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback, dated 7 September 2016, to NHS Choices. I was very pleased to read that your experience of Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust’s A&E service, was such a positive one. It is great to hear that the nurse was able to tailor your son’s care to suit his specific needs. I’m also very pleased to hear that the facilities in the paediatric area are working well for the children who use them.

Staff always appreciate hearing about when things have gone well, so your feedback will be shared with the matron of the A&E service, and with the Paediatric Team who will share it with the staff at their next team meetings.

I do hope that your son is now recovering well from his injury. If there is anything further that I can help you with, you can contact me directly at sdhct.PatientServices@nhs.net.

Yours sincerely