"Waiting times"

Visited the walk in centre in Skegness whilst on holiday about my sprained ankle. I waited 2 hours in a tiny waiting room. I was then called through ; to be put in another waiting room and left for a further hour with no updates on what was happening. I was not the only person in this position. Several people walked out regardless of injuries because the wait time and lack of communication was appalling. When I went to the staff room to ask the nurses about wait times I noticed tea drinking, giggling and looking on phones. Absolutely fuming doesn't even begin to explain how frustrated I was. I decided to also walk out and I will attend my own clinic st home. Iv never seen such a badly run department.

Response from Skegness Hospital

I would like to offer my apologies for the lack of information regarding the waiting times. Skegness Urgent Care experiences a huge increase in demand during August and September due to the influx of visitors, but despite this our Urgent Care Centres saw 98% of patients within the national 4 hour target during August.

I will work with the Team Leader of the department, to improve the way that we keep patients informed about how long they will be waiting, and do all we can to minimise waiting times. Once again I do apologise for your experience. If you feel you would like to discuss this further please contact the PALS service on 0845 602 4384 or via email LHNT.LincsPALS@nhs.net.